Followers

Wednesday 16 October 2013

Challenge # 13: Card with Nature/ Leaves/ Trees


Hi everyone, hope you had a wonderful weekend and a great start to the week.....What awesome projects I saw for the last challenge, some of them in the last couple of days due to our Susan (pleading) for some more entries...and we got it....  you guys are amazing...make sure you check next Wednesday's post to find out the winners.

A big thankyou to all those who took part and a big Hi to our new followers and of course YOU...
Well here we are, up to challenge 13....
This fortnight we are asking you to 
create a Card with the theme of Nature/Leaves/Trees
you get the idea.....let your imagination roam....

As we are sponsor free this week, the winner will receive a mystery prize from me which will be sent via snail mail...(mmmmm what could it be??)

We would love you to enter and have some fun, and we have some wonderful interesting things coming up soon, so make sure you read every post, coming up is another freebie, we will be  checking out our DT's crafty corners with a post every Sunday from our Dragonflies, their favourite items to use and much more...

DT Call is complete
A very big heartfelt thank you to all that applied via our blog and via email........
I would like to introduce you now to our two new Dragonflies.....please make them feel welcome

Say hi to Sammy

My name is Sammy and I live in Leeds in the UK with my husband and two kids. I started card making last summer when I bought a Docrafts goodie bag on a whim for the kids to make fathers day cards with. As there was so much in the bag and hubby’s birthday only a couple of days later, we made birthday cards too, and I enjoyed it so much, I soon started getting more and more bits to play with. Well, you can all relate to the slippery slope that becomes!
I started my blog in July this year, and not long after took the plunge to start stamping and colouring images, rather than use pre-made toppers. My addiction has now gone to a whole new level! And with the recent addition of a die cutting machine, I don’t think life will ever be the same…
My main obsessions are LOTV stamps and designer papers and I LOVE making boys cards, but will pretty much try anything twice! xxx


and a big hello to Wynn

Hi I'm Wynn. I was born in England but now I'm happily retired, from teaching, and living in in sunny Cyprus.
I've always been interested in Arts and Crafts but only began making cards when I arrived here in Cyprus almost 12 years ago. I began mainly to raise money for a charity I'm heavily involved in here in Paphos. (We raise money for the Renal Unit at the local hospital.)
I also hold a weekly card and papercraft group for ex.pats on a voluntary basis for the P3A or otherwise known world wide as U3A.....but this Cyprus!!! (long story)
I have tried most techniques as I love variety and also I need to think up lots of new ideas for my crafters. Each week I introduce them to a new technique or fold or piece of equipment to stimulate their interest. It's very, very difficult to get crafty goodies here and we rely heavily on internet shopping.....but you can imagine the postage is horrendous. So anyone who visits the UK always has a 'shipping' order to bring back!!
If I was asked to choose one thing 'crafty' I would say altered items and I've recently managed to get some liquid pearls brought back from the UK, so they are my faves to play with at the moment.
I too have only just started blogging and I wonder what took me sooooooooooooo long. I love it!! Especially meeting new crafters and sharing ideas. It's becoming an obsession now :). I guess most of you reading this will know what I mean. 



We are blessed to have a Guest Designer with us....If you would like to be a Guest Designer, just leave a GDT after your name in your entry...
Here is one lady that leaves the best comments ever, and am pleased to have her on board.
Karen Letchworth
My name is Karen Letchworth.  I am, first and foremost, a Christian; and also a crafter who LOVES making cards, mini albums, and all things creative.  I've been happily married for over 28 years, and we have three amazing children (ages 14, 21 and 26).  God has blessed my life in so many ways, and I love to share my art and a bit of my life on my blog,My Cup Runneth Over.  I enjoy meeting crafty new friends, and would love to have you stop by my blog to say hello or become a new follower, and I will always do the same in return.  I'd like to thank Hilde and the Design Team at Crafting With Dragonflies for inviting me to Guest Design with them.  I look forward to seeing your art, and hope you enjoy these challenges as much as I did.  Thanks for having me!

Now here are some gorgeous examples from our wonderful Dragonflies:

This most intriguing and very arty creation is from Tania

 This divine creation is from Ina, so elegant

 This gorgeous creation is from Kelli, she has used butterfly punches to create the tree



 This gorgeous creation is from Judith, love the colours and landscaping, and the background...

 made this lovely centre step card with an image from tiddlyinks

 Here our Susan has created two wonderful Cards with leaves
 


Here is Mine, with a hand drawn image I made just for this challenge.

And even though the new girls didn't have to start with this challenge they wanted to.

Here is Sammy's cute card:


And here you have Wynn's teabag folded Christmas Tree
And there you have it, hope this has inspired you enough to go and create, looking forward to checking out your creations.
(Gentle reminder: please no Halloween cards or images.)
 
Many Blessings from Hilde and the Dragonfly Team

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous posting Hilde. You have covered everything beautifully. Can't wait to see the entries - there will be many I feel. Ina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the diversity of the DT cards!!! A lot of talent on this team and best of luck to the new DT members. I love Karen's GDT card as well! Hopefully I'll get a card linked up soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Special thanks to Hilde and this wonderful crew for having me as a GDT Member. My blog post is live, and I hope you will all stop by to say hello. I'd LOVE to get to know you!
    Blessings,
    Karen
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what pretty designs by the DTs, all so different yet all so wonderful. Looking forward to creating a little something for this challenge. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome designs by the DT and Yay Karen! She is a blessing to all those in the crafting industry! Her work is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to the new DT gals and fabulous work by all. Thanks for a fun challenge. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to the new DT members! Thanks for the fun challenge & lovely DT inspiration. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love to see the variety of creations made by the DT members. Thank you for this lovely challenge.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to the new design team members. Lovely cards everyone. I have entered mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have deleted my entry.Sorry, I didn't realize that Halloween cards weren't acceptable here. No where did I read that, so I apologize if I missed it somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deanne - make sure you came back next time with another great project!

      Delete
  11. What a fun new challenge for me, thanks to Sammy! I can see it's very popular and the DT cards are incredible and so inspiring!! Thank you so much, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely fall sample. I do enjoy the falling leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW look at all these pretty nature creations.
    TFS everyone!
    Crafty hugs.
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

We enjoy reading your comments